NGO ICOMOS Latvia is the national commission of the ICOMOS, one of 95 national commissions woking worldwide. Its aim is to promote preservation of cultural heritage – popularization, research, study, preservation, restoration, renovation and use. The organization is one of rare professional public organizations in Latvia dealing with cultural heritage in international level.
The organization is renewed in 2010.
Aims of ICOMOS Latvia:
- Facilitate implementation of tasks of the International Council of Monuments and Sites in Latvia.
- Represent the interests of its members in the International Council of Monuments and Sites.
Tasks of ICOMOS Latvia:
- Participate in the exchange of opinions and experiences of experts around the world.
- Collect, study and disseminate information about principles and policies of preservation of cultural heritage.
- Promote awareness of value of cultural heritage, facilitate education of heritage experts.
- Participate in major decision making processes, provide consultations of professionals